Thursday, January 7, 2021

CONCLUSION

CONCLUSION

This book isn’t guaranteed to make you a successful poker player. It’s meant to offer you some tricks and strategies to get you to a new level of play. Poker games change with the dealing of every card. There is no tried and true formula to guarantee a win each and every time.

This author plays online poker on a daily basis. I don’t win all the time, but I don’t lose all the time. I take my share of bad beats and have made more than my share of mistakes. On the other hand, I have found myself to be pretty much consistently staying well ahead of my initial buy-in, which is what I wanted in the first place. It’s a learning process, and I have found that as I continue to play, my knowledge base increases, I play smarter more often, and am able to bet aggressively when I need to.

I, personally, prefer the online site Full Tilt Poker – www.fulltiltpoker.com. They have great avatars, inexpensive sit and go’s, inexpensive tournaments, and excellent cash games. If you’re at Full Tilt, check out the game tables. If you see any game highlighted in red, it means there’s a bonafide pro in that room. Watch for a little while and learn a tremendous amount!

I have also played at Party Poker – www.partypoker.com. While it’s not quite as user-friendly as Full Tilt, it does offer up the chance for some quick play and some quicker payouts. Their tournaments are more

expensive with larger rakes, but they have excellent competition for you to test your skills on.

Poker Stars – www.pokerstars.com – is relatively user-friendly, but their biggest advantage is low cost tables and tournaments. You can play for as little as $.01/$.02 stakes in real money games. Their sit and go’s are similar to Full Tilt as little as $1.20 with 7 places paid – 1st place paying off $14. I’ve had a colleague who tells me that when she loses on Full Tilt, she goes to Poker Stars and wins. This site is definitely a contender for online play.

Poker is a fun pastime that can have huge rewards. It all depends on YOU as the player. Study, pay attention, play aggressive, adjust when you need to. But above all, just play. The more you play, the better you’ll get. They say “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. Poker professionals weren’t born overnight either.

See you on the tables!!!!!


Information for this book was obtained from the following websites:

Wikipedia.com Fulltiltpoker.com Pokertips.org Cardplayer.com About.com Texasholdem-poker.com Pokerstrategy.org

And from the book Doyle Brunson’s Super System: A Course In Power Poker by Doyle “Texas Dolly” Brunson

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONCLUSION

CONCLUSION This book isn’t guaranteed to make you a successful poker player. It’s meant to offer you some tricks and strategies to get you t...